Low-carb chili recipe
After spotting this tasty low-carb chili recipe, we just had to share. It can be made with or without tomatos, but the carb count goes up if you use tomatos.
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup onion, chopped
* 3 Tablespoons olive oil
* 2 lb lean beef, chopped
* 4 cups canned tomatoes, undrained OR 4 cups beef stock or broth
* 2 teaspoons salt (omit if using salted stock/broth)
* 2 bay leafs
* 1 teaspoon oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed cumin
* 2-3 Tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
* 2 16-oz cans Eden Black soy beans, drained
Serves 12. There are 8.5 carbs per serving using tomatoes; 3.2 carbs per serving using broth. Because of the beans, this chili will be a good source of protein and fiber.