Dreamfields offers Olympic pasta salad recipe
In honor of the start of the 2004 Summer Olympic Games in Athens, Greece, Dreamfields has released a greek inspired low-carb pasta salad for you to serve your family and friends during the event.
Greek Penne Pasta Salad
* 16 ounces Dreamfields Healthy Low Carb Living Penne
* 1 small red onion, chopped
* 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
* 1 cup (4 ounces) Feta cheese, crumbled
* 1 green pepper, chopped
* 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 teaspoon basil
* 1 teaspoon oregano
Cook penne according to package directions; rinse and drain. Add onion, olives, feta cheese, green pepper, and sun dried tomatoes. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, and seasonings until well blended. Pour over pasta and toss gently. Refrigerate before serving. Serves eight.