Dogs Ingesting Xylitol Could Get Sick or Even Die

Filed under: In The News — @ June 26, 2007

Increased demand for Xylitol-containing sugar-free gum for humans is leading to an increasing number of pet deaths, according to an article in Confectionerynews.com.

Reportedly, dogs who ingest the sugar substitute Xylitol could develop hypoglycemia, which could trigger loss of coordination, seizures, liver damage, and in serious cases, jaundice and the breakdown of red blood cells.

Read more about this scary stuff here.

About

CarbWire is an online magazine of everything low-carb. Whether you're already on a diet, or are just doing research, we provide the most up-to-date info on the web.

Search

By topic

CarbWire RSS Feed Add to MyYahoo

Content Copyright © 2004-2017 CarbWire.com