Low-carb eggplant lasagna recipe
Filed under: Low-carb Recipes — @ June 11, 2009
I’m always in awe at the incredible creativity that so many of my readers possess when it comes to creating delicious low-carb recipes out of ingredients that are acceptable when you are livin’ la vida low-carb. Sometimes it just takes a little experimentation in the kitchen to come up with something fabulous to eat and a recent submission by one of my regular “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” blog readers proves this point exactly. It’s an ingenious pasta-less low-carb eggplant lasagna that will blow your mind.
Here’s what she said about it after she made it for her family recently:
I just made a low-carb lasagna that my kids didn’t even realize didn’t have noodles! If you like eggplant, then this is for you. It’s very time-consuming but well worth it because the leftovers last for days.
So, I’ll stop teasing you with this recipe and just share it with you now! ENJOY!
PASTA-LESS LOW-CARB EGGPLANT LASAGNA
- 1 or 2 eggplants
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- One large can of no sugar added tomato sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Packet of dry Italian dressing seasoning
- Your favorite cheeses
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
- Cut eggplant into round slices, dip in egg batter, and then dip in parmesan cheese and fry in hot oil. These will become your lasagna “noodles” in the recipe.
- Cook up the ground beef ahead of time and then work on your homemade spaghetti sauce by mixing one large can of tomato sauce, a dry packet of Italian dressing seasoning mix, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the spaghetti sauce to a boil for a few minutes and then add cooked ground beef.
- Here’s the layering pattern for the lasagna: eggplant, homemade spaghetti sauce, cheese, grated parmesan
- Repeat layering two more times and then bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted to a golden brown